All About Rachelle!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sick Sick Sick

I've only attended 4 days of school and i'm sick. Mummy is keeping me away from school for today and tomorrow. I woke up this morning and puked a little on myself and mummy. Mummy quickly washed me up and sat me back on my mattress while she cleaned herself up. Then i threw up even more and daddy got up to quickly clean me up again while mummy was in the shower. Then mummy gave me some water and not long after, i puked again. Seeing that it wasn't just a simple case of vomiting through overeating , daddy decided to send me to the doc. Luckily daddy hasn't left for work so he drove us to see my PD at AMK Spore Baby & Child Clinic. Upon arriving at the doc's, i threw up away and all over mummy. We both smell really bad when we reached the clinic. Surprisingly, there was no queue at the clinic and i got to see the doc immediately after registration. I was suspected to suffer from some sort of intestinal virus. The doc advised mummy to give me just milk, water and juices bit by bit and monitor me closely so i don't get dehydrated. I was having a slight fever too. Mummy and daddy are told to keep their hands clean after handling me to prevent the infectious virus from spreading to them. PD also told mummy that i might be having diarrhoea at a later stage. True enough i did have diarrhoea twice today. On the way back, i threw up several times. I was feeling lousy every time i threw up and got pretty cranky. After cleaning up, i was back to my active self again. I really hate taking the medicine. The only medicine i took without fussing is paracetamol. The rest i took a sip and rejected it. Mummy had a hard time coaxing me to take my medicine. Mummy tried feeding me glucose and soy milk. I rejected both. I started getting suspicious whenever she hands me a bottle. After some rest tonight, i do hope i will wake up fine and my vomiting and diarrhoea will stop. Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment