All About Rachelle!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

My first birthday party






The day started earlier as i got up at 9.30am, had my bath and accompanied mummy to khatib to pick up some kueh kueh from Ah Yi's stall. Mummy's friend loves the kueh kueh and mummy got it specially for her. After that i returned home and had a short nap. I'm going to have a long day so i need adequate sleep to maintain my cheerful and friendly self. Daddy, mummy, gugu, uncle shuen, aunty min and aunty sharon went down to the linkhouse to inflate the balloons and decorate the place. Yes! It's my 1st birthday and i am having a party! Shortly after, auntie Irene and uncle Melvin arrived and helped with the decor. Uncle mel was really kind to volunteer his service as our professional photographer. "Thanks! Uncle Mel!"Then came the helium balloons. I was elated in seeing the balloons.. Mummy carried me and i was kicking my legs egging her to step closer to the balloons so i can touch them. I was really happy and allowed almost anyone to carry me. They simply need to distract me to the balloons and i'll be happy. Mummy ordered a very beautiful cake for me. I was so surprised when everyone gathered and started singing happy birthday song to me. I held onto the knife firmly as mummy guided me to cut the cake. I was so busy the whole day, smiling and being passed from one person to another. It amazing i stayed awake for 5 straight hours since 12noon. I wasn't cranky at all even though i looked tired at times. After the whole event, i was knocked out for 2 hours. My last meal was 2pm and i was too tired to feel hungry. At 7pm, i woke up and had my dinner. I took just several minutes to finish my bowl of rice cereal. I really enjoyed myself today and thanks to mummy and daddy for planning this party for me. Thanks to all for the lovely gifts, ang pows and well wishes.

1 comment: