All About Rachelle!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sleep. Love and Hate affair for mummy

Since birth till now, i haven't been able to sleep through the night. From birth to 3 mths plus, i will wake up every 2-3 hourly for milk. 3 mths - 6mths, i will wake up 2-3 times each night and putting me to bed at night was a nightmare for mummy. I cried and refused to sleep. I need to be coaxed into LaLa land for at least an hour or so. On bad days, i cry practically every other hour during the night. Not because i'm hungry but i'm just irritated. Each time, mummy just shrugged it off and console herself that it's a phase. I will outgrown it soon. During my 7 mth, i almost made it to waking up just once a night but it lasted only several days, much to mummy's dismay.
In my 9 mths of age, mummy can actually count with her ten fingers the number of times i actually slept all the way from 10pm to 7am without waking for milk or crying hysterically mid sleep. Day naps are much easier for me. I can drift into sleep faster and without much fuss. Mummy can then start doing her chores. Putting me to bed is much more difficult now. Just when mummy put me on my back, i'll do a flip and starts crawling away. I like to meddle with the bed frame, scratching on the leather board and making those irritable sounds for fun. Or i'll send a flying kick on daddy's face or mummy's chest and then crawl all over daddy. I still wakes up 2-3 times a night for milk. Ok, i will promise to be good and create less trouble for mummy by trying to sleep through soon... i'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment