All About Rachelle!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Longkang fishing at Bottle Tree

Bottle Tree Village
Say Cheese!
Can you see what's inside the pond?
So many coins and fishes inside the pond.
Me and my pathetic fish net. How to catch fish like this?
All in a day's catch. 7 fishes in all. 3 goldfish, 4 longkang fish.
Cool huh? Not me, i mean the magnificent tree behind me!
Jumping around the bottle tree.
Time for a H2O break!
At the sandy playground and me trying to make my way up on the slide.
Soaking ourselves in the sun and enjoying the breeze.

Today mummy decided to bring me to Bottle Tree Village for some Longkang fishing. She arranged with Da Yi to bring my 2 cousins along as well. Da Yi came to our place to pick us up and we reached the Bottle Tree Village at 4plus. The sun was shining high up in the sky, the place was crowded with lots of kids and their parents. The pond was packed with many people.. Mummy paid $10 to get a fish tank and a fishing net. I was very gungho and i took off my shoes and followed mummy into the shallow fish pond. Caris and Chloe were both afraid and did not join me in the pond. They stayed on the land and guarded the fish tank, waiting for us to catch some fish. The fish swam very swift and it was very hard to catch them with our small fishing net. About 10 mins later, the crew at Bottletree released a bag of fish into the pond and a small handful of goldfish. As goldfish swims slower, mummy managed to catch 3 of them. I tried to swing my net in the water but i couldn't catch any fish. I decided that soaking in the pond is more fun than catching fish and sat in one corner of the pond splashing the water away. After about 45 mins, we have 7 fish in our tank and decided to end the fishing activity. Mummy quickly washed me up and we proceeded to the play area. We spent about 20 mins playing the swing and taking the slide before going granny's house for dinner. All of us were starving after all the activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment