All About Rachelle!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

After effects of Immunisations

I was very whiney after my jabs yesterday. Nothing seems to appease me and mummy couldn't understand what i want. I made noise at the slightest irritation. I didn't want to drink milk and just want to latch but after a while i pulled away and i get whiney before asking to latch again. Mummy made me some ribena and i took less than half of it. I went to bed around 11 plus and when mummy went to bed at around 2am, she discovered i was feeling feverish. My temperature reading was 37.9 degrees celsius. Dr Goh has pre-empted mummy that after MMR jab, fever may occur on the fifth day. She didn't know i will run a fever so fast and on the day of the jabs. Mummy didn't give me medicine but she checked my temperature again at 5am. Then my fever has went up to slightly over 38 degrees celsius. She fed me paracetamol and i took 1 hour before falling asleep at 6am when the day was breaking. When i woke up at 10.30am in the morning, my fever has subsided. I will continue to be monitored for my fever. Hope it will stay controlled or better still disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment