All About Rachelle!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Self weaning?

Woohoo, mummy was over the moon when i finally attempted to fall asleep without nursing.
I have been nursing to lalaland since i was about 7-8 months old till now.
Over the past 1-2 weeks i have been on a sudden growth spurt, requesting formula milk like 2-3 times in 2 hours. Mummy will make me 100ml of FM, followed by 60ml of FM and another 60ml of FM all in 2 hours or so. I usually can't even finish 120ml of FM, leaving about 40ml behind. So mummy was excited to see this sudden change and anticipating some changes in my usual sleeping routine. Well, mummy attempted to put me in bed at 10.45pm but i was like an energiser bunny and was role playing and playing games with myself. Soon it was 11pm then close to midnight. I started to rub my eyes and asked mummy for some FM. Mummy made a bottle for me and i quietly laid on my mattress and finished the milk.
I tossed and turned for another 15 minutes before i drifted off to sleep. I hope this brings some consolation to mummy that i am learning to wean myself off mummy's milk. I know she is keeping both her fingers and toes crossed that this is really going to be the end of her breastfeeding journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment